Morgan Kiani (S’05-M’05-SM’17) has been a faculty member in the Department of Engineering at Texas Christian University since 2011. She received her Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington in 2009. She was an adjunct faculty member at the University of Texas at Arlington prior to joining TCU. Dr. Kiani has authored several scientific articles in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings. She has a patent on active control of Doubly Fed Induction Generators (DFIG) used in wind energy harvesters.
- Modeling and analysis of energy converters,
- Numerical methods in power systems simulation,
- Integration of distributed generators in smart grid,
- Fault detection in wind farms,
- Energy harvesting, energy diversification,
- Power electronics.
- Electric circuits and Analysis,
- Power Systems Analysis,
- Power Electronic Systems,
- Electromechanical energy conversion,
- Renewable Energy and Smart Grid.